What is a Guarantor Loan?
A Guarantor Loan is when a third party confirms they are willing to make the payments if you, the applicant, can't. It's a great option if you're not eligible for an unsecured personal loan because you haven't established a credit record or have had some adverse credit in the past. A Guarantor Loan is a very useful tool to help you build or rebuild this record.
- Guarantor Loans are available up to £10,000
- Terms of up to five years are available
- Loans have no upfront fees and can be paid off early without charge
- You must be over 18 years of age and earning an income in the UK
- Guarantors must have good credit history and, if the loan is more than £6,000, be a home owner
- Your guarantor must be aged between 21-70 (at the start of the loan) and cannot be a spouse/partner
Details of a Guarantor Loan
If you have a poor or no credit history, a Guarantor Loan gives you a chance to take a loan, make repayments and in so doing build a good credit record.
If the applicant continues to make payments, the guarantor will never have to pay a penny.
Our application form allows you to apply to three different lenders - and we'll tell you if have been provisionally accepted. Guarantor Loans are often approved within a few hours and funds can be paid out either the same or next day.
REPRESENTATIVE APR 49.9%
Representative Example: Borrowing £4000 over 36 months, repaying £195.16 per month, total repayable £7025.76. Interest rate 49.9 % (variable)
Are you looking for a Guarantor Loan?
We just need a few simple questions answered to set-up your application form.
( * Indicates required field)
"I would highly recommend Choice Loans who are experts in their field"
What is needed to apply
Applying for a Guarantor Loans is very easy. Below are listed the things you need in order to apply.
- Eligibility Criteria You must be over 18, earning an income and have a Guarantor aged 25-72 with clean credit and an income to be able to make your payments if you can't. The Guarantor cannot be your partner/spouse but it can be a family member or friend.
- Documents Required Details of you and the Guarantor will be required for credit checks; also proof of ID and proof of income.
- Additional Comments If successful you can get your money within 24 hours or possibly even same day.
- I have bad credit, can I get a Guarantor Loan?
Yes, in most cases you can and a Guarantor is ideal for you to help you rebuild your credit score. However, if your credit rating is very poor then maybe not.
- I've never had credit before so I don't know what my credit record is like, can I still get a Guarantor Loan?
Yes. A Guarantor Loan is suitable for people who haven't yet built up a credit record.
- My Guarantor is not a home owner, is that a problem?
No, you can still get a Guarantor Loan of up to £3,000
- My Guarantor has poor credit, is that a problem?
Yes. This probably means you will not qualify for a loan. Your Guarantor must pass a credit check.
- My Guarantor is a family member, is that ok?
Yes. As long as it's not your partner/spouse it can be anyone including family members.
- How long does the process take?
As the process is largely online, you can have the loan within 24 hours.
- Can I repay early?
Yes, there is no penalty to do this.
To learn more or to apply for a Guarantor Loans please either ﬁll in the call back form at the top of this page or call us on 01494 410 125 and we'll walk you through your options at no cost or obligation.