An Overseas Mortgage allows you buy property in countries outside the UK. While we primarily serve UK residents, you do not have to be a UK resident in order for us to help you buy as long as you are not a resident and citizen of the country you are trying to buy in (e.g. we can help a Spanish citizen buy in America but we cannot help an American citizen buy in America).
- Deal with English speaking experts in the local mortgage market
- All mortgage brokers are regulated in the markets they operate in
- Get access to competitive mortgage rates
- Minimum loan size approx. $100,000 or €100,000
- Max LTV approx. 70-75% (depending on country)
- You don't have to be a UK citizen, we assist all nationalities buy properties worldwide
The process for getting an overseas mortgage is similar in many ways to the UK but there is greater scrutiny on disposable income, depending on the country you are buying in. Please see our guides below for country specific information.
For further information or to discuss a potential mortgage, please either complete the form opposite and we will be in touch or call us on 01494 410 125
Overseas Mortgages are not regulated by the Financial Services Authority, nor are they protected by the Financial Ombudsman Service or Financial Services Compensation Scheme. They may not be covered by the home regulator of the country concerned either, so you should consider the risks carefully.
Are you looking for Overseas Mortgages?
Just complete a few simple questions below and we'll be in touch soon to get things moving.
( * Indicates required field)
"A very helpful and efficient service"
S Price, Australia
What is needed to apply
Applying for a Overseas Mortgage is very easy. Below are listed the things you need in order to apply.
- Eligibility Criteria Clean credit and sufficient income to make repayments is required.
- Documents Required Initially just an application form but in time you will be asked to prove income and ID
- Additional Comments The entire process takes 6-8 weeks depending on the country you are buying in
- What countries can I get a mortgage in?
Almost any. Though the popular destinations for UK residents buying overseas tend to be France, Spain, Italy, Portugal and the USA, mortgages can also be achieved in Turkey, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Singapore, Hong Kong and many more.
- How much can I borrow?
This depends on your circumstances but one key factor we look at is your Debt to Income ratio. Ideally the sum total of the repayments you make on all your debts per month plus the proposed payments for the overseas mortgage you want should not exceed 35-40% of your net income. This factor tends to be the biggest constraint on borrowers raising an overseas mortgage.
- How will I manage the language and cultural issues?
We will ensure you have access to English-speaking experts in the country you are intending to buy in.
- Will my UK credit record affect the success of my application?
Yes, it is a key factor in the eligibility criteria.
- How much will it cost to arrange my mortgage?
The fee to help prepare your mortgage varies from country to country but will be made clear to you in advance.
To learn more or to apply for a Overseas Mortgages please either ﬁll in the call back form at the top of this page or call us on 01494 410 125 and we'll walk you through your options at no cost or obligation.